At a glance
- Learning a language broadens kids’ views of the world.
- It means to speak, read, write, listen and think in another way.
- It’s best to start children learning a new language as young as possible.
- Young children have the ability to learn a new language without their first-language accent.
- Learning a new language takes commitment.
Learning a language is a wonderful opportunity for kids to broaden their view of the world; it means understanding and learning to speak, read, write, listen and think in another way, and to explore and appreciate the wealth of knowledge that is part of each language and its culture.
Advantages of your child learning another language
- Communication: your child learns to communicate in the language and develops an understanding that there is more than one way to interact with people.
- Academic: your child learns about how languages work and their literacy skills are…
View original post 224 more words